This is the easiest banana bread recipe I have found. Making banana bread is great way to stop wasting bananas that are super brown and extra ripe. Even if you don't want to eat it right that minute, you can easily bake it, freeze it, and then thaw it when you want to eat later. My favorite part is that if I do have a few very ripe banana, I can pull all the other ingredients out of my pantry and fridge to whip this up.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Then, slice, serve and enjoy!
Original recipe by Simply Recipe