Just because you're busy doesn't mean you have to give up doing your makeup! I'm sharing my go-to, 9-step makeup process that I can do in 15 minutes or less. It's just the right amount in the right places to make you look a little more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (even if you don't feel like it).
This post has affiliate links. This means, I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.
- If you're like me, than you're almost always in a sleep-deprived state. To help hide that, I need my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in the Brightener shade. This stuff is the bomb dot com (does anyone actually say that anymore...?). The salmon undertone cancels out the blueish color of my dark circles, and makes me look like I got to sleep another hour or two. I put a little bit under my eyes by my tear ducts and, using my ring finger, I blend it out to cover the majority of the dark pigments.
- Next, I use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. I place this under my eyes, cover up any redness around my nose, and any acne I have. This is a really good concealer for the price, and it lasts all day for me. As with the other concealer, I use my ring finger to blend this out (it's the finger with the softest touch ;) )
- I set the concealers and hide any excess oiliness I have by using Rimmel London's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent on a big fluffy brush.
- Then, I'll put on blush. This varies depending on my mood, skin tone, and the season. Typically, I'll use Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink, Nars Blush in Orgasm, or Rodial Blush in South Beach. These are all great blush options if you're pretty fair like me.
- Once I finish with my face, I'll curl my lashes and put on mascara. Since I have very straight, stubborn lashes, I'll put on a coat of Maybelline's Volumn' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black first. This has been my ride-or-die mascara for years. 10 out of 10, would recommend.
- After that dries, I'll put a coat of a washable mascara on next. Recently, I've been using L'Oreal Paris's Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. I like it. But... since it's a wetter mascara formula, I do find myself getting it on my eye lid almost every time I apply it. So, I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it.
- Next, it's time for brows. This can go one of two ways. If I want to take a couple minutes, I'll use an eyebrow pencil. My favorite one is the Micro Pencil by Nyx. If I'm in a rush, I'll use a tinted eyebrow gel like Benefit's Gimme Brow. Both are great options, but you get a more polished look with the pencil.
- If I feel like taking a few extra minutes, I'll use an kohl eye pencil to line my upper and lower water lines, and some matte eyeshadows on my eye lids. But in all honesty, if I'm really, truly busy and need to get out the door, I'm definitely skipping this step.
- After I'm done with makeup for my face and eyes, I'll put on some lip color. This is one of my favorite ways to dress up a normally minimalist look. Recently, I've been loving Wet 'n' Wild's Liquid Catsuit matte lipstick in Rebel Rose topped with a light-colored lipgloss.